Phillip and Eileen Blume are international award-winning wedding and portrait photographers, and respected leaders in the photo industry.
As socially conscious creatives, they not only travel the globe to produce beautiful images but also believe in the power of visual media to change the world, as with their 2011 documentary film Lost Boys of Paradise. Having transformed their rural home studio into a top brand, they now work with clients as far as New York, London, Manila, Antigua, and beyond.
As educators, the pair instructs thousands of photographers each year. Phillip is a contributor to the popular Shutter Magazine, while he and Eileen speak together at many of the industry’s leading conventions. They have been featured in broadcasts of Photographers Ignite and CreativeLive, and are especially passionate about their workshops and mentorship program for photographers.
“As a husband-wife team, Eileen and I love how we can modify the Spider setup for our personal needs. It’s awesome how weightless it all becomes.”
Nicknamed “Spiderman” amongst clients thanks to his willingness to go anywhere or climb anything for the perfect shot, Phillip has experienced his share of aches, pains, and smashed cameras while using traditional straps. Thanks to the security of the Spider Pro, he no longer worries about damaging his equipment and the neck and back pains associated with running around with it.
“It’s solid. Even the motion of holstering and then ‘drawing’ my camera to shoot is so natural. I couldn’t feel more confident and comfortable with any other support system.”
The Blumes live in Georgia with their two young daughters and are currently in the process of adopting their third child.
Their awards and achievements include:
- IPC International Print Competition Awards (multiple), Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
- The FEARLESS Award, Fearless Photographers
- 2013 WPPI “2nd Half” Award for Wedding Photojournalism Imagery, Second & Third Places
- 2014 WPPI “1st Half” Award for Wedding Portraiture, Bride and Groom portrait
- 2014 & 2015 Two Bright Lights Editors’ Choice Award (Top 5% of most published photographers)
- National Awards – 2012-2015 Wedding Wire Couples Choice Awards – winner
For more information on Phillip & Eileen Blume, visit http://blumephotography.com